Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Christmas Tree Adventure

Saturday we went to get our tree in the woods. We took Beckah with us because she is fun. :)

"Come now...shouldn't we be there by now...isn't this the same dirt road we came down before???"
A cozy cabin on the river: (I'd like to be in that cabin right now by the fire reading, wouldn't you?)
I found the perfect tree right away....

It was so small and alone and ever so friendly! But no one seemed to agree. :( So we left the poor tree with a promise to be somebody's Christmas tree one year when it's big and strong.

Then I got distracted taking pictures of mushrooms and things:





I should like to live under this one:

Then we got hungry so we had a picnic:

I love my Nalgene water bottle. :)
Then Beckah decided she would find the perfect tree:
And she did:
She and dad cut it down:


While I got distracted taking pictures again:





It was a lovely day. :)