Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More on Crusoe

I don't think I ever said what I thought of the new TV series Crusoe which airs on Friday evenings.
I'm really enjoying it! It's entertaining and the guys costumes and set design are amazing.


Also...Sean Bean is in some of them! I can't remember who he played or if he was only in the first episode. I've actually only watched a couple of them. But anyway...
As amazing as some of the costumes are...I must confess I'm not sure what I think of the girl's costumes. They don't seem quite right or authentic. (maybe I'm wrong) But as they are flashbacks maybe Robin isn't remembering correctly! ;) Yeah...that's probably it! They are rather light and flowy though so maybe the designer is trying to create a dreamy effect more than historical accuracy. That would make sense and it does create an atmosphere.

They are pretty though....I wouldn't mind making one like this...
Anyway...it's a fun show and I'm not going to be too picky about the accuracy of it all. It is beautifully filmed and it's fun to watch. And...I am a bit obsessed with Robin's jackets and shirts. I may have to start a new line of clothes...haha. I've always wanted to make men's costumes. Maybe one day when I'm a costume designer for reals. ;)