Monday, November 3, 2008

Rain...


Rain makes me feel so cozy. We haven't had much lately but we've been getting little bits. It always seems to happen while I'm asleep or distracted watching a film or something...but I love those moments when I'm able to catch it raining and I can sit by a window and watch it. There's something so captivating about those little drops of water falling from the sky, leaving the world refreshed and glimmering with wetness. I love the sound of it falling against whatever. (The sound of cobblestone is probably my favorite sound) When I was in England I would sit by the window with one of my Lemony Snicket books and a cup of Twining's peppermint tea. Nothing quite so delicious.
Even if your going out into the rain...I think it's so much fun to wear wellies and get to use an umbrella and rain coat. I've always felt like I'm a part of an adventure when I've been caught in the rain.
So, that's my gushing post about my love of rain.