Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Favorite Authors (tagged by Genevieve)

(Jane Austen)
I was tagged by Genevieve. :) Check out her favorites HERE.


Who is your all-time favorite author and why?
Jane Austen. Umm....because she invented Mr. Darcy? haha I love her wit and humor and the way she can draw you into the characters and their emotions. I love that her characters have faults but they learn to overcome them and live remarkable lives. I think she had a great understanding of her culture and time and the way things were under the surface. I love getting to experience that every time I open one of her books.


Who was your first favorite author and why?
Hmmm...that's hard, I had so many. I think my very first favorite author was Beatrix Potter. I was captivated by little hedghogs that wore aprons and little mice that stole hankerchiefs for beadspreads. The Tale of Tom Kitten was my favorite. I always tried to dress me kittens up when I was little...they hated it too!
(Beatrix Potter)

Do you still consider him/her to be among your favorites?
Definately. I have an even greater appreciation for her art now than I did then and I greatly admire her creative amagination.

Who is the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
J. R. R. Tolkien. I just recently started reading the Lord of the Rings...I think it's the most well written work I've read yet. He describes things in such a way you can nearly feel, smell, and taste them. I also find great encouragement as I read about his characters and their struggles and how they overcome their obsticles. It encourages me to keep fighting on in my own life.
(J. R. R. Tolkien)

If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth?
Jane Austen, C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, John Eldredge, Roald Dahl

I tag

Rules
Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.