Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Inspiration: Catherine Martin



It's true...I'm currently obsessed with Catherine Martin. Two-time Academy Award winner, costume designer and production designer for her husband, Baz Luhrmann's films Australia, Moulin Rouge, and Romeo + Juliet, Catherine Martin knows how to take the mundane and make it truly stand out in a beautifully bold way.

She now offers a line of rugs and wallpaper that I'm deeply in love with. :)


Peony Rug:

Feathers Rug:


Sparrow Wallpaper:

Eucalyptus Wallpaper:
Lace Wallpaper:
Most recently I fell in love with her beautiful production and costume design in the epic film Australia.
Catherine took her production team around the country to search for the perfect pieces to create the look and feel of the Faraway Downs homestead.
I'm in love with the results.
Catherine with her husband Baz Luhrman at the premier of Australia: (They make a brilliant team!)
Baz Luhrmann, Catherine Martin, Nicole Kidman, and Hugh Jackman at the premier of Australia.
Whoever said you have to stick to one thing...here's proof you can dabble in a bit of everything. Catherine is a phenomenal costume designer and has recently put out a clothing line inspired by the film Australia. They're amazing. But I'll gush more about her clothing design a little bit later on The Art of Clothes. For now I shall just dream of what I can do to my room. :)