Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Don't you love orderly thread?
I've been slowly working away at my sewing room getting it into some kind of order. It's not as easy as it sounds. I figure out a good place for something and then end up needing that place for something else and move it out, but eventually it will all come together. I'm just not as good at thinking orderly these days. Not sure why!

I also started a doily yesterday at Belle's house. Belle is a really amazing elderly lady who taught me to crochet. She has so many interesting stories to tell! When she was 6 she traveled in a covered wagon and she's lived through the depression and 2 World Wars. She's a pretty amazing person. And I'm rather loving my doily. I'm calling it my "Faraway Downs" doily because it reminds me of all the plants and cut outs in the Faraway Downs homestead in the film 'Australia'. You'll see what I mean when it's finished! ;) Or maybe it's just all in my head? Just like Australia is all that's in my head lately...costumes, sets, cinematography, it's all so amazing. :)
Chico (my sisters dog we're watching for awhile) is always cuddling up next to me while I'm doing hand work. But yesterday there was sunshine coming through the window and he had to go lay on the back of the chair. He refused to smile for this picture, as I disturbed his nap. (cheeky fellow!) Well, there is a hint of a fake smile there I guess....
He actually has quite large ears but whenever I take a picture of him he hides them, maybe he's self conscious? ;)

Alright...I'm off to finish up some sewing. Just thought I'd give you a few peeks into my days. :)