Friday, June 20, 2008

Seagulls and Fish n' Chips


Seagulls....such innocent little birds. They always made me happy, they made me think of the sea...I never had one evil thought that I can remember toward a seagull. I now must renew my thinking and give warning to my fellow friends...seagulls in Cornwall are DANGEROUS.

Last week my flat mate and I were in town during the lunch hour so we thought we'd grab some yummy fish n' chips. I've been craving fish and chips since...well, long before my plane landed on English soil. So, I was quite excited and then we had the lovely thought to head down and enjoy them by the water on the harbor.

As we sat and enjoyed our wonderful meal...these fat cheeky little seagulls came creeping up to us. I didn't feel comfortable seeing how comfortable they were...but we coninued eating. Next thing I know there's a horrid flapping above my head and then a seagull dives at my lap. My fish was gone. *sigh* Such a lovely piece of fish. Cheeky seagulls. :P

All the locals were looking at me like I was crazy and I have since learned it's a very rookie thing to do, eat any kind of food on the harbor. But we all learn some way, don't we?

So, I am now passing on the word to all of you...so that you wont have the same sad experience I did.

I'm also thinking there ought to be a sign there that says: "WARNING: SEAGULLS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO ATTACK WHEN FOOD IS IN HAND"