Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Keeping Busy...

The days seem to be rushing by! I can't believe I will be in England in 3 weeks!

Yesterday after work I had a lovely time hangin out with some old friends. We walked down to the market and bought root beer to make floats. It was so warm and wonderful out! I'm going to miss Summer in my home town.

Today mom and I have been working on stuff for our fund raiser tea this weekend. Mom's making all sorts of things to sell. :) I'm going to help her set up an Etsy shop after the tea for anything left over.

It's funny how you don't realize how much you really love something until you know you aren't going to have it pretty soon. Lately I've been loving my home town more, our house more, everything American more...it's funny how that only seems to happen just before going some place really different.

The other night we watched 'Meet Me in St. Louis', my favorite musical ever! It made me think back to the old days when everyone was here and life seemed so much more simple. Now everyone is growing up and moving on with life, and although I don't want to go back to those days totally...there are moments I miss them and wish we could just be "the girls" for a day.

But...change is good. :) I'm learning this and also loving it. I'm so excited to see where God leads all of our lives.
We'll keep in touch...and one day we'll look back and smile; remembering those who, in the very beginning, helped us get to where we're at today.