Friday, December 11, 2009

In which I meet my first male Twi-Hard and get over caring what people think

Yesterday I got off work 2 1/2 hours after I was supposed to and so I was in a very deserving mood when I entered Target. In other words, I felt I deserve a special present for me because I was tired and had a long day.

So when I happened across the colored fine point markers and the score to New Moon...there was no hope left for my piggy bank. They were coming home with me.

The only awkward thing was taking my purchases to the cash register. The only available one was a guy..."oh great...here comes the ribbing," I thought. But I decided who the heck cares anyway? I like Twilight...why be embarrassed? I'm not a crazy fanatic fan, I just enjoy it. So I put my items on the conveyor belt and hurried over to the debit card machine, thinking maybe if I acted like I didn't know I was buying the New Moon soundtrack, he wouldn't notice either. But oh no. This is where it gets better.
"You like the music in New Moon too?" My head jerked up and I eyed him suspiciously. Was this a trick question?

"Um...yeah. I do actually." I replied, debating how to defend myself...lying and saying it was a Christmas present for the 13 year old sister I don't have was the first thing that came to mind.

"Me to!" He gushed. "I love the music in both movies. Especially Robert Pattinson's piano playing in the first movie."

"Um...yeah...me too. I was kind of disappointed he didn't play in the second movie." (Seriously...what guy knows Robert Pattinson plays the piano??)

"Yeah...I'm sure he has something in his mind for the upcoming movies. He's so talented he shouldn't stick to just acting."

"Yeah...he's really good." I'm saying all this in shock response, wondering if this guy is for real. He just kept talking.

"Yeah...I'm like the only guy Twilight fan I know...I even named my cat Esme. I was like the oldest male at the midnight showing." I just laughed and said something like..."Good for you," as he handed me my bag.

"Well, have a great day."

"Yeah you too."

I hurried off to where my mom was waiting by the front door and laughed all the way to the car. And I'm still laughing today. And I've decided...there's crazier people than me out there who don't care what people think of them...so I'm going to try not to care either.

the end
ps: this is why sometimes good old fashioned cd's are better than iTunes: